NEW COLOUR! The Special Tomato EIO Pushchair is the best of both worlds…a special needs buggy that provides mild to moderate positioning support AND a lightweight stroller that provides all the bells and whistles that make it easier for parents and carers on the go!
The Special Tomato EIO special needs pushchair is an innovative mobility solution which combines a classic pushchair design with the support and functionality required by children with mild to moderate postural needs. Suitable for children from infancy (around 2 years old) up to approx 10 yrs old (41kg/6.5 stone), this is a buggy that’s versatile to grow with your child. It includes lots of great features and is an excellent all-rounder for town and country as it has larger rear (11″) and front (6″) puncture proof tyres and spring suspension. So, if you’re going off road, across bumpy grass or gravel, then simply engage the swivel wheel lock on the front wheels, just two clicks, and off you go!
Standard features on the 4 wheeled EIO model include 2 padded hip lateral supports, 2 trunk lateral supports, a handy foot block (useful for shorter passengers to rest their feet), a padded headrest and a 5 point ‘waistcoat style’ harness. There’s also a large sun canopy (ideal for hiding away from the world providing a safe space), an under-seat shopping basket (capacity 10lb) and a lightweight easy to fold frame which will fit into most car boots. For children who need a little more postural positioning, the Size 1 and 2 Soft-Touch Liners and Soft-Touch Sitters can be inserted into the Special Tomato E10 pushchair (see Special Needs Seating for these options or click link).
The Special Tomato EIO’s standard features include the padded hip and back laterals that help with minimal postural support or to decrease the overall width of the seat for younger/smaller passengers. As you child grows, you can simply remove them. There is also lots of storage with a large shopping basket under the seat, two water bottle holders on either side of the stroller and a large pocket for keys, cell phones etc on the back of the canopy. There’s a peek-a-boo panel on the canopy so you can always see your child. If your child has light or sun sensitivity, you can choose to add a Sun Protection Cover with UV protection – this also provides for those kids who like to hide away from the world, which can be overwhelming.
With front swivel wheels, the buggy is a breeze to push and manoeuvre whether inside or out. Engage the swivel wheel lock on the front wheels, just two clicks, and venture on effortlessly. The large airless wheels and increased stability of the locked front wheels make a huge difference when you’re going over rougher terrain. The rear wheels can be easily removed to make it easier to pop into your car boot.
The EIO special needs pushchair from Special Tomato is a lightweight, mobility buggy unmatched in features, quality and price. With a host of accessories included, you get all you and your child needs in one affordable package.
- Age range: approx 1 year – 10 years
- Maximum Seat Weight Capacity: 41kg (6.5 stone)
- Overall length seat : 125cm / Max height 135cm
- Seat Width: 14″ (36 cm)
- Seat Width With Pads at Narrowest Point: 9″ (22.9 cm)
- Seat Depth: 12″ (30.5 cm)
- Seat Back Height : 24″ (61 cm)
- Seat to Footwell: 13″ (33cm)
- Handle Height to Floor: 76-107 cm
- Open Size: 114H x 61W x 117D cm
- Folded Size: 41H x 46W x 81D cm
- Seat to Footwell with Size 1 or 2 Liners: 15″ (38 cm)
- Seat to Footwell with Size 1 Sitter: 16″ (41 cm)
- Seat to Footwell with Size 2 Sitter: 17″ (43 cm)
- Recline available through angle adjustable back rest (25º ~ 75º from full upright)
- Fixed Seat Base Angle 20 Degrees
- Leg rest Angle Adjustment from +15 degrees to -55 degrees
- Push Handle Angle Adjustment from +60 degrees to -65 degrees
- 5-Point Comfort Wrap harness with chest strap and shoulder pads
- Easy-to-push extra large, airless wheels for town or country
- Swivel front wheels with lock out feature for rougher terrain
- Latch to keep the stroller folded while transporting or storing it
- Folds compactly for transport – you do not need to remove the rear wheels to fold it
- Includes 2-position foot block, 2 side & 2 back Lateral Supports
- One-touch rear brake and Spring suspension
- Lightweight aluminum frame, overall Weight: 22lbs (9.97kg)
- Shopping Basket, Water Bottle Pockets & pocket for keys, phone etc.
If you need a pushchair for two and have a younger sibling aged 6m to around 4yrs (maximum weight 20kg) then you may add a Buggypod Seat to the Special Tomato EIO to make a ‘double’ buggy, suitable for one older child and a younger sibling.
If you need a double buggy for two children with special needs then we have special Buggy Connectors that will allow you to ‘join’ two buggies together making a Special Tomato EIO Double Pushchair – yes, it’s wider but it’s versatile as well, giving you the option of using a double buggy when you need it and two singles when you have a helping hand.
If you need additional restraint for a child with challenging behaviour, then this pushchair can be fitted with an additional body support harness and/or pelvic strap. Please call us for more details on these options.
VAT EXEMPTION: (Price Excludes VAT)
Products for the personal use of a child with a disability are eligible for VAT Relief specifically because of their special needs. The Special Tomato Pushchair can be purchased VAT free if the purchaser provides a declaration of eligibility within 30 days (we will send you the relevant form when you order):
– an Individual (normally a parent) purchasing for use by a disabled child
– a Charitable organisation purchasing for use by a disabled child
– Schools or organistions purchasing this as a ‘pool’ pushchair are not VAT exempt
FUNDING / FURTHER INFORMATION – If you require a quote to apply for funding through the NHS or Charity, please contact us and we will be more than happy to supply this. If you would like to talk to us about your family needs, please call us and we can advise on the mobility options we offer.